My First "Back to School" Purchases for My New First Graders!

About Me

My photo
Ohio
Welcome! I hope to use this blog to share some of the amazing things my class and school does to make learning fun! I have been teaching for 15 years already! I started teaching 3rd grade in a Parochial School, then I was hired to teach 1st grade for three years, was moved to 5th grade for 2 years, and then came back to 1st grade in the district where I attended school. I love that I'm able to give back the the school district that guided me to become the teacher I am today! I have a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, certified 1-8; a Master's Degree in Curriculum and Instruction; and my Administrator License Pre-K-12.

Blogs I Love!

Saturday, November 22, 2014

So...I have a little news...

I know it's been forever again since I've checked in with this blog.  
Since my last post, life has been a little more crazy than the normal crazy I tend to live with.
Here's why...


Yep!  I'm going to be a principal in the building I teach! 

I know, maybe a little weird, right?  But I wouldn't dream of being an administrator anywhere else in the world! 
I love this school district.
I love my building.  
I love the children who come every day for a new adventure.  
I love my staff who have a true passion for doing what's best for children and do everything they can to make learning fun.  

There is something special about my building...there's magic there.  

It's where I grew up and went to school.  I still remember where my kindergarten, first, second and third grade classrooms are from when I was a student. I can sense the rich history of tradition and excellence from our past and I'm so looking forward to our future!

I will be teaching my children until Christmas.  After our Christmas break, I will be shadowing our current principal until she retires at the end of the month.  My first official day of being a principal will be February 2, 2015.

It's so exciting!
Hope all is well with everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment