My First "Back to School" Purchases for My New First Graders!

About Me

My photo
Ohio
Welcome! I hope to use this blog to share some of the amazing things my class and school does to make learning fun! I have been teaching for 15 years already! I started teaching 3rd grade in a Parochial School, then I was hired to teach 1st grade for three years, was moved to 5th grade for 2 years, and then came back to 1st grade in the district where I attended school. I love that I'm able to give back the the school district that guided me to become the teacher I am today! I have a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, certified 1-8; a Master's Degree in Curriculum and Instruction; and my Administrator License Pre-K-12.

Blogs I Love!

Monday, August 29, 2011

First Day!

Oh my goodness...I have the cutest kiddos!  A little chatty....but I'll get that under control within the week! :)

Every year I forget about how much talking is needed on the first day...I think my voice is already a little crackly!  My cuties LOVED Abby Mullin's First Day Jitters lesson found in her "Fun with Firsties" unit at Teachers Pay Teachers.  The Jitter Juice was a huge hit and actually helped a few who really had the jitters about coming back to school.  If you haven't purchased Abby's unit, you might want to...I just love her units!  They are so creative and they really work in my classroom.

The day was over and I was on my way to my Principalship class before I knew it!  I'm a little overwhelmed by the requirements for this class at the moment so I'll probably be working on that this weekend!

And so the year begins!  :)  If you've already started your school year I hope it's off to a great start!

No comments:

Post a Comment