My First "Back to School" Purchases for My New First Graders!

About Me

My photo
Ohio
Welcome! I hope to use this blog to share some of the amazing things my class and school does to make learning fun! I have been teaching for 15 years already! I started teaching 3rd grade in a Parochial School, then I was hired to teach 1st grade for three years, was moved to 5th grade for 2 years, and then came back to 1st grade in the district where I attended school. I love that I'm able to give back the the school district that guided me to become the teacher I am today! I have a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, certified 1-8; a Master's Degree in Curriculum and Instruction; and my Administrator License Pre-K-12.

Blogs I Love!

Saturday, October 8, 2011

You might want to sit down for this one...

Are you sitting down?  You're really going to want to if you are a lover of children's literature like I am!  I am so excited about this...I'll be heading the Mazza Museum on November 10-12!  What's Mazza you ask?  Well...it's a museum of illustrator's art from all over the world!   I'm totally excited about this weekend!  Here's who is going to be there...Jan Brett, Anna Dewdney, Jerry Pinkney, Jim Arnosky, Vincent Di Nguyen, David Wiesner, Kevin Henkes, and Steven Kellogg! AND...Anthony Edwards!  I know...you're like...WHAT??  Anthony Edwards...aka Goose and Dr. Mark Greene?  What does he have to do with illustrator's art in the children's book world?  Well...apparently he gifted Mazza with $350,000 to acquire 2,700 pieces of original artwork by Steven Kellogg!  AWESOME!!!  And what makes  even more awesome is it's going to be a girl's weekend with my closest friends on the face of the earth which is so needed!
Hope everyone had a great week!  Next week is Christopher Columbus Day on Monday and Fire Prevention Week!
Take Care!
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment