My First "Back to School" Purchases for My New First Graders!

About Me

My photo
Ohio
Welcome! I hope to use this blog to share some of the amazing things my class and school does to make learning fun! I have been teaching for 15 years already! I started teaching 3rd grade in a Parochial School, then I was hired to teach 1st grade for three years, was moved to 5th grade for 2 years, and then came back to 1st grade in the district where I attended school. I love that I'm able to give back the the school district that guided me to become the teacher I am today! I have a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, certified 1-8; a Master's Degree in Curriculum and Instruction; and my Administrator License Pre-K-12.

Blogs I Love!

Thursday, August 14, 2014

In a pinch...Needing Welcome Notes Quick!

Hello Friends!

So I was in a pinch this past week.  We received new MacBook Pros from our district this month...yeah!  I love Apple products!  One week-long training in Cupertino, California on Apple's Campus a few years ago and I was hooked!  I'd love to be 1:1 in my first grade classroom someday.   I keep asking my Superintendent but I'm thinking I need to take another route...Grant Writing 101.  He sees the importance and is supportive, but I think the focus is on the bigger kids right now.

Anyway, about my pinch!  Our new laptops aren't hooked up to our printers/copiers at school yet which is making my printer at home moan and groan.  I feel like I'm behind in prepping for Open House and our first week back but it will come together.  It always does.

Like you, I like to send home a welcome note around the middle of August that also informs my families of our Open House.  Since I couldn't print to a copier at school and I'm all about convenience right now, I decided to try something new.  I created a document in Keynote, exported it as an image and uploaded it to a one-hour photo place.  That's all I did!  I was kind of surprised it came together so quick and easy!

This is how my postcard looked when I created it using Keynote...

Here's what they looked like when I picked them up from the Photo Center...

I lost the border on the top and bottom somehow but I still thought they looked pretty good!  I picked up some bright envelopes, addressed them to my new First Graders and took them to the post office!
4" x 6" pictures and some bright 4 3/4" x 6 1/2" envelopes

I purchased the clip-art from Niki @ MelonHeadz



All of her clip-art is adorable but I just realized that she has some pirate art that I don't own yet...starting to fill up my cart again!

School is right around the corner...staff days next week and kiddos on the 25th!
Take care!






No comments:

Post a Comment