My First "Back to School" Purchases for My New First Graders!

About Me

My photo
Ohio
Welcome! I hope to use this blog to share some of the amazing things my class and school does to make learning fun! I have been teaching for 15 years already! I started teaching 3rd grade in a Parochial School, then I was hired to teach 1st grade for three years, was moved to 5th grade for 2 years, and then came back to 1st grade in the district where I attended school. I love that I'm able to give back the the school district that guided me to become the teacher I am today! I have a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, certified 1-8; a Master's Degree in Curriculum and Instruction; and my Administrator License Pre-K-12.

Blogs I Love!

Sunday, January 8, 2012

I Won Something...I Mean Somethings!

Oh my goodness! When I woke up this morning I had two posts from some fairly new bloggers! I won two awards! HOLY CANNOLI! Two! Which then led me to realize that I really need to look into creating a button for myself. So I spent some time googling and found directions on how to make my own blogger button but then I was getting frustrated because I couldn't get it "just so"...and then I was getting worried that I wasn't accepting the honor in a timely manner...this blogging stuff is still new to me and I'm working hard on learning all of the etiquette and lingo so bear with me! The button is on my to-do list. Any tips on how all of you created yours would be appreciated! :)

So here it goes...my first award comes all the way from Alaska!
Thanks Miss W! I was thrilled that you chose to pass along the Versatile Blogger Award to me!

The rules are...
1. Thank the person(s) who presented the award to you and link back to them.
Thanks again Miss W! Oh...and just so you know...I'm telling my kiddos that I have a friend in Alaska who teaches Kindergarten and has real moose that hang out on her playground! You'll be a huge hit!
2. Tell seven things about yourself.
Oh boy...here it goes...
1. I have been teaching for 14 years...geesh! I've taught in both the parochial and public
school: third grade, first grade, fifth grade, and back to first grade. I love first grade!
2. I have a Master's Degree in Curriculum Design and Instruction.
3. I just finished classes and have earned my Principalship License.
4. I traveled to Cupertino, California a few years ago and was trained at Apple headquarters...such an AWESOME experience! Changed me from a moderate PC user to 100% Mac user! Love my Mac, iPad, and iPhone! (Yeah...that trip also turned me into a
bit of a techie.)
5. I have an obsession with children's literature. I love finding that perfect book to use in my classroom with my firsties.
6. I have three adorable nieces and one all-boy nephew! They are pretty amazing...and they have me pretty much wrapped around their little fingers.
7. I have a stack of books that need to be read...when I say a stack...I mean a stack that could
also double for a night stand...yep...that high! (Can we say New Year's
Resolution...ummm...yep!)
3. Pass this on to 15 newly discovered blogs and let them know they've received the award.
This is a tough one because I think this award has been passed around this weekend to a lot of new bloggers but I believe awards can be repeated! Here are a few of my newest blogs I'm stalking...including Miss W whose link is above! :)
Kimberly @ First in Maine
Mrs. Settle @ Settle On In
Mrs. Patton @ Mrs. Patton's Patch
I know I'm supposed to list 15 blogs...but I think I need to do a little more stalking! When I find them, I'll be sure to post about them!

The other award I was honored with is the:
from Sandra at Sweet Times in First! Yippee! Definitely the frosting on my Sunday cupcake! (Get it?? Frosting...sweet?? Okay...so I can be a bit goofy too!)
The rules for this one:
1. Show your appreciation.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you Sandra! How cool of you to think of little old me!
2. Nominate other blogs with 200 followers or less by posting a comment on their blog.
Is it wrong to nominate some of the same I listed above? I know, I know...spread the love...so here's a few newbies to check out:
First Grade Frenzy (I have a feeling that this teacher isn't new to blogging...but she's new to me!)
3. Post the award on your blog.
4. Check out other nominees of the Liebster Blog Award and see what they have to offer.

Whew! Collecting awards can be exhausting! Just kidding! We have another mild and sunny day here in Ohio! Wondering if we'll ever see snow this winter!
Have a super Sunday!
Jenn

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on your awards! I love children's lit, too! =)
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue SKies

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi! just found your blog! Your name drew me on over...the blog name AND your name :)
    hehe
    The Teachers’ Cauldron

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!!
    What an awesome opportunity to train with Apple!!! I love Apple!
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! I love your blog!Congratulations! Thank you so much for stopping over at my blog, and posting a comment!!! I will add you to my list of favorites! Happy Monday!!
    Leslie
    www.firstgradefrenzy.com

    ReplyDelete