Oh my goodness! When I woke up this morning I had two posts from some fairly new bloggers! I won two awards! HOLY CANNOLI! Two! Which then led me to realize that I really need to look into creating a button for myself. So I spent some time googling and found directions on how to make my own blogger button but then I was getting frustrated because I couldn't get it "just so"...and then I was getting worried that I wasn't accepting the honor in a timely manner...this blogging stuff is still new to me and I'm working hard on learning all of the etiquette and lingo so bear with me! The button is on my to-do list. Any tips on how all of you created yours would be appreciated! :)
So here it goes...my first award comes all the way from Alaska!
Thanks Miss W! I was thrilled that you chose to pass along the Versatile Blogger Award to me!
The rules are...
1. Thank the person(s) who presented the award to you and link back to them.
Thanks again Miss W! Oh...and just so you know...I'm telling my kiddos that I have a friend in Alaska who teaches Kindergarten and has real moose that hang out on her playground! You'll be a huge hit!
2. Tell seven things about yourself.Oh boy...here it goes...
1. I have been teaching for 14 years...geesh! I've taught in both the parochial and public
school: third grade, first grade, fifth grade, and back to first grade. I love first grade!
2. I have a Master's Degree in Curriculum Design and Instruction.
3. I just finished classes and have earned my Principalship License.
4. I traveled to Cupertino, California a few years ago and was trained at Apple headquarters...such an AWESOME experience! Changed me from a moderate PC user to 100% Mac user! Love my Mac, iPad, and iPhone! (Yeah...that trip also turned me into a
bit of a techie.)
5. I have an obsession with children's literature. I love finding that perfect book to use in my classroom with my firsties.
6. I have three adorable nieces and one all-boy nephew! They are pretty amazing...and they have me pretty much wrapped around their little fingers.
7. I have a stack of books that need to be read...when I say a stack...I mean a stack that could
also double for a night stand...yep...that high! (Can we say New Year's
3. Pass this on to 15 newly discovered blogs and let them know they've received the award.
This is a tough one because I think this award has been passed around this weekend to a lot of new bloggers but I believe awards can be repeated! Here are a few of my newest blogs I'm stalking...including Miss W whose link is above! :)
Marcy @ Sundling's Bright Ideas
Jodi @ Fun in First Grade
Kimberly @ Funky First Grade Fun
Kimberly @ First in Maine
Mrs. Settle @ Settle On In
Ms. Shapiro @ Ms. Shapiro's First Grade Class
Mrs. Patton @ Mrs. Patton's Patch
I know I'm supposed to list 15 blogs...but I think I need to do a little more stalking! When I find them, I'll be sure to post about them!
The other award I was honored with is the:
from Sandra at Sweet Times in First! Yippee! Definitely the frosting on my Sunday cupcake! (Get it?? Frosting...sweet?? Okay...so I can be a bit goofy too!)
The rules for this one:
1. Show your appreciation.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you Sandra! How cool of you to think of little old me!
2. Nominate other blogs with 200 followers or less by posting a comment on their blog.
Is it wrong to nominate some of the same I listed above? I know, I know...spread the love...so here's a few newbies to check out:
First Grade Frenzy (I have a feeling that this teacher isn't new to blogging...but she's new to me!)
3. Post the award on your blog.
4. Check out other nominees of the Liebster Blog Award and see what they have to offer.
Whew! Collecting awards can be exhausting! Just kidding! We have another mild and sunny day here in Ohio! Wondering if we'll ever see snow this winter!
Have a super Sunday!