My First "Back to School" Purchases for My New First Graders!

About Me

My photo
Ohio
Welcome! I hope to use this blog to share some of the amazing things my class and school does to make learning fun! I have been teaching for 15 years already! I started teaching 3rd grade in a Parochial School, then I was hired to teach 1st grade for three years, was moved to 5th grade for 2 years, and then came back to 1st grade in the district where I attended school. I love that I'm able to give back the the school district that guided me to become the teacher I am today! I have a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, certified 1-8; a Master's Degree in Curriculum and Instruction; and my Administrator License Pre-K-12.

Blogs I Love!

Friday, January 20, 2012

Oh...Friends!

Well...I'm trying! I'm really trying to create my own blog button!

I found the most adorable pirate clip-art over at Scrap Orchard, a website I found through another blogger's post. It's so unique! I haven't seen it anywhere, so I thought it would make the most perfect digital clip-art for my blog! The more I search for blog templates, the more I think about just paying someone to create it for me, but I also want to learn how to do it myself. Yeah...well...that's not going as well as I had hoped and I'm not one to go running for help. I like to figure things out on my own. I just wish I could figure it out in my time frame (which is usually unreasonable).

Our school wide theme these past few months has been courage and today we watched The Wizard of Oz as a culminating activity. We spent time talking about courage today and I was thinking about my blog the whole time. I had the courage to start it, I had the courage to post my ideas and thoughts to total strangers (although some of you are becoming less of a stranger and more of a friend-thanks for posting comments on my ramblings...I love reading them) and I have the courage to post comments on other people's blogs. If I can do this, I most certainly can gather the courage to learn how to make a little blog button! Ummm...yeah...not so much!

Here I sit with my Friday night "Kool-Aid" and I'm trying to comprehend HTML codes...I have a whole new respect for people who create these codes! I posted a picture of my button and some code but I don't believe it's a real HTML code. Where is the frame that all of you have around your codes? I think I followed all of the directions but I'm into my second "Kool-Aid" and I think I'm still missing something. So, I'm showing courage tonight by posting something...even though I highly doubt it does what it needs to do! I really wish I could figure it out on my own but I think it's time to ask for help. My brother-in-law's ears should be ringing...I'm heading his way tomorrow...unless one of you can bail me out with a tip or two! :)

Happy Weekend!
Jenn

1 comment:

  1. Jenn, I just found your blog tonight and I can already say you are AMAZING and knock my socks off! Making your own button??? WOW! It is adorable!

    I had a free blog template for several months as I shopped for someone to make it for me because I have zero clue how to do it!!! I am thrilled with my makeover and love my new blog design so much I just stare at it and smile! =)

    It does take courage to share and that was very hard for me but many sweet friends that I work with encouraged me to start my blog. MY biggest fear to overcome was sharing my poetry on my blog. I am so happy that I have now even though it still makes me nervous each time I hit publish!

    I would love for you to visit me when you get the chance! I have TONS and TONS of *freebies*! =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete