My First "Back to School" Purchases for My New First Graders!

About Me

My photo
Ohio
Welcome! I hope to use this blog to share some of the amazing things my class and school does to make learning fun! I have been teaching for 15 years already! I started teaching 3rd grade in a Parochial School, then I was hired to teach 1st grade for three years, was moved to 5th grade for 2 years, and then came back to 1st grade in the district where I attended school. I love that I'm able to give back the the school district that guided me to become the teacher I am today! I have a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, certified 1-8; a Master's Degree in Curriculum and Instruction; and my Administrator License Pre-K-12.

Blogs I Love!

Sunday, March 25, 2012

5 More Days!!


5 more days until Spring Break...and 5 more days until my giveaway! (112 followers now! Wowzers!) Can't wait for both! It's been a long few weeks...lots "stuff" going on at school. (Wish I could spill the beans but I can't....but grrrr!!!)

I feel like I've been wrapping up a bunch of not-so-little "units" lately so that we can come back from Spring Break with no loose ends. One thing we'll be working on is writing a friendly letter. A few weeks ago I asked the parents of my kiddos to take a minute to write their cutie a letter and address it to school. I only had 4 who hadn't received a letter as of Friday so I quick wrote and mailed a few letters on Saturday so that everyone will have mail to open this week. Lots of fun stamps and one even came in a plastic bag with an apology from the post office because the envelope ripped somehow!
After we carefully open our envelope we'll glue our envelope on a piece of construction paper and label the return address, address, stamp and cancelation stamp while talking about the reasons for each. Once they read their letter we'll label the date, greeting, body, closing and signature on it. The kiddos will then get to write a letter back to their family, address and stamp the envelope and put it in the mailbox! They're going to be so excited to receive mail at school!

Tomorrow I'm curriculum mapping and designing assessments to go along with our maps...all...day...long with my team. I'm grateful my district gives us the time to do this together and I love doing this kind of thing but with everything else going on...I'm just not feeling it. I'd rather be with my kids and finishing up some of our projects.

Oh...that PD on Co-Teaching I went to this past Wednesday?? It felt like more of an undergraduate class as the whole education department was in attendance. I think the speaker was trying to reach the younger crowd because she said some things about veteran teachers that I felt were pretty offensive. Not. Impressed. At. All.

On a side note...sorry I haven't been as consistent as I like with Melody Mondays and Tech Thursdays...tons of ideas to share...just running out of hours in the day! :)
Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!


5 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting over the 100 hump! I am SO I can almost taste it! :)

    I always love reading your blog. Enjoy your last 5 days of captivity!

    Casey
    Second Grade Math Maniac Blog
    Teachers Pay Teachers Store

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Casey!
      You're super close to your 100 followers! Can't wait to hear about your giveaway! :)
      Hope your first day back is great!
      Jenn

      Delete
  2. I love your letter idea!! They are going to be so excited!
    -Megan

    First Grade Magic

    ReplyDelete