My First "Back to School" Purchases for My New First Graders!

About Me

My photo
Ohio
Welcome! I hope to use this blog to share some of the amazing things my class and school does to make learning fun! I have been teaching for 15 years already! I started teaching 3rd grade in a Parochial School, then I was hired to teach 1st grade for three years, was moved to 5th grade for 2 years, and then came back to 1st grade in the district where I attended school. I love that I'm able to give back the the school district that guided me to become the teacher I am today! I have a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, certified 1-8; a Master's Degree in Curriculum and Instruction; and my Administrator License Pre-K-12.

Blogs I Love!

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Cool Art

I know!!!  I'm blogging again!  That's 2 days in a row!!
Do you need a minute to get a grip?  (I kind of do!)
Ha! Ha!

I guess the plus side to being MIA for a bit is that I now have a list of ideas to chat about with you!

Today I want to share what our amazing art teacher and his student teacher are creating with our kiddos!  Have you ever seen glass art like this?



Pretty cool, right?!?

Check out what the kiddos in our K-2 building are creating...


Our light panels are covered in this funky mock glass art!  They've placed it on every other light panel going down one of the halls in our building.  From what I know, the children decorated plastic plates with Sharpie Markers first.  Then, the plates were melted over different sizes of cans with a some kind of a torch that removes wallpaper...by our art teacher and student teacher, of course.  They were then glued with a glue gun to the light panels!  Our hall looks so cool!  

I then got wind that some chandeliers were being created for our lobby so I snuck into the art room after school and snapped a few pictures.  These are being made with plastic bottles

 


I can't wait to see these finished and hanging in our lobby!  I'll be sure to post pictures once they're finished!

Our school has a lot of art displayed throughout the building that has been created in the past!  I love that our kiddos are exposed to some amazing stuff and their creations stay for years to come!

Off to work on my October Currently from Farley!  Look for it in the next day or two!
Take care!


3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, that is so cool. I need to know exactly how they did that. I want some.

    Terri
    thefirstgradeprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looove decorating plastic with sharpies. I used to do this when I was younger with shrinky dinks but this is MUCH cheaper and kind of cooler! Thanks for sharing some photos.

    Sara
    Miss V's Busy Bees

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!! I just sent this to our art teacher!

    ReplyDelete