My First "Back to School" Purchases for My New First Graders!

About Me

My photo
Ohio
Welcome! I hope to use this blog to share some of the amazing things my class and school does to make learning fun! I have been teaching for 15 years already! I started teaching 3rd grade in a Parochial School, then I was hired to teach 1st grade for three years, was moved to 5th grade for 2 years, and then came back to 1st grade in the district where I attended school. I love that I'm able to give back the the school district that guided me to become the teacher I am today! I have a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, certified 1-8; a Master's Degree in Curriculum and Instruction; and my Administrator License Pre-K-12.

Blogs I Love!

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

All the Stars are Aligning...for an Over the Top Week!

WHOA! So you're not going to believe this...I couldn't believe it!

The week before Christmas break, I was called by our local radio station because one of my former students nominated me as their Terrific Teacher Tuesday winner! Me! The one that likes anonymity in her life was not only interviewed on the radio without warning or time to prepare (I kept praying...please don't mumble. Please be fluent. Just listen to the whole question and don't interrupt.) but I was also photographed by our communications director alone until I told him that I would like to be photographed with my little friend...who is now a fifth grader (Where does the time go?) for our district's website! I didn't blog about this or really tell anyone because although I was honored and excited, I just didn't want to make a big deal over it. Anyway, my radio debut was yesterday and I sounded really giddy...like first year of teaching giddy! But that's okay...it's really how I am when I'm with my kiddos! And...it's kind of a big deal so I'm enjoying the moment!
Here's my award and the picture of me with my former student:
Then, we have this monthly fundraiser with a local pizza place where they donate a portion of the day's sales to the school and the classroom that has the most orders wins a portion of the sales too! Not only did my class win with the most orders of the day, we also won money from what the teacher's ordered for lunch! HOLY COW! The kiddos are dying to help me pick out some new brag tags!

2012 seems to be off to a really good start for me! Hope it continues!

It was time to take down our 2012 Resolutions and make room for some cute snowmen and few Pinterest inspired penguins!

Tomorrow is our last day of school this week as Friday is a staff day to work on grade cards...which I haven't even started yet! I'm still grading papers for crying out loud! :)
Hope everyone is having a good week! Happy Hump Day!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats! That is awesome! (I am loving your snowmen and penguins!)
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue SKies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Congrats! You must be an amazing teacher. I love the snowmen- so cute.

    Petersons-Pad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! How awesome!
    ❤ Sandra
    Sweet Times in First
    sweettimesinfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! That is so sweet! It's okay to be giddy . You deserve it!
    Leslie @ www.firstgradefrenzy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! That is really cool. After having 2 trainings with you and seeing what you do with your students, you deserve that! Thank you for the blog award. I need to make a post on that this weekend.

    ReplyDelete