My First "Back to School" Purchases for My New First Graders!

About Me

My photo
Ohio
Welcome! I hope to use this blog to share some of the amazing things my class and school does to make learning fun! I have been teaching for 15 years already! I started teaching 3rd grade in a Parochial School, then I was hired to teach 1st grade for three years, was moved to 5th grade for 2 years, and then came back to 1st grade in the district where I attended school. I love that I'm able to give back the the school district that guided me to become the teacher I am today! I have a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, certified 1-8; a Master's Degree in Curriculum and Instruction; and my Administrator License Pre-K-12.

Blogs I Love!

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Mission Accomplished...well Part 1 is Accomplished!

Woot! Woot!
It's the weekend! A 3-Day Weekend! To make it even better, yesterday was a teacher work day for our district (due to our contractual agreement) and we had the day to work in our classrooms and finish our grade cards...the grade cards I hadn't even started until Thursday night. We got our first official snow of the season Thursday night and into Friday with lots of wind and frigid temps. After a slow drive into Bob Evans for Breakfast Club with my Inner Circle of Trust, I locked myself in my classroom and got busy. (On my drive in while listening to all of the school delays on the radio I couldn't help but wonder if our district administrators were wondering about the weather and all of the teachers driving to school in this weather. I'm sure they were...but I hope I'll be the type of administrator who sends out a mobile alert or phone message to my staff saying something like, "Take your time coming in this morning, be safe." It would have been comforting to hear as my car was being blown across the highway and sliding through a stop sign.) Grade Cards were done by 10 and the rest of the day was spent cleaning and organizing. I was able to leave my classroom with nothing left to do for this next week! (Of course I have my Chinese New Year, Pirate, and Groundhog files sitting in piles here at home to go through...but next week is organized and I'm ready to go!) Mission 1 Accomplished!

My next mission...update this blog with a new template and create a blog button. I've been up since 4:30 for some reason and am on my second cup of coffee thanks to my Keurig (GOD! I LOVE THAT THING!) and have been googling and finding some possibilities....and catching up on posts from those blogs I'm stalking...Did you see Contraction Surgery @ Buzzing About Second Grade? She posted it about a year ago but it's...GENIUS!!!

I'll be celebrating Christmas with my family today...yes...we're still celebrating Christmas so today is going to fun, but not effective as far as my blog is concerned...but I'm hoping that by Monday evening I have a fresh new look!

Oh! Did you see that Ms. Preppy @ Adventures in Primary and Polka Dots and her friend Sarah are hosting a Be My Valentine 2012 Exchange! I'm heading over there now to become a participant and join the classroom exchange! Sounds like fun!

Have a great weekend!
Jenn

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You got a lot done! I need a day to work in my room...I feel so behind on everything! =)
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue SKies

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few things! :)

    I'm your newest blog follower, I love my Keurig too, I joined the Valentine Exchange from Ms. Preppy and I love you little corner of the world! Come visit if you have some time :)

    Randi @ Teach It With Class
    My TPT Store
    My Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete