My First "Back to School" Purchases for My New First Graders!

About Me

My photo
Ohio
Welcome! I hope to use this blog to share some of the amazing things my class and school does to make learning fun! I have been teaching for 15 years already! I started teaching 3rd grade in a Parochial School, then I was hired to teach 1st grade for three years, was moved to 5th grade for 2 years, and then came back to 1st grade in the district where I attended school. I love that I'm able to give back the the school district that guided me to become the teacher I am today! I have a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, certified 1-8; a Master's Degree in Curriculum and Instruction; and my Administrator License Pre-K-12.

Blogs I Love!

Monday, January 9, 2012

We're Collecting Data

Happy Monday!
We've been working on collecting data thanks to Mrs. Nelson's little Tallies and Graphs: Collecting Class Data freebie on Teachers Pay Teachers. My kiddos loved collecting data on each other. We talked about surveys and even how to politely ask someone for their opinion: "Excuse me, Miss Long, but could you complete my survey." My little friends had so much fun. For each page we would talk about the title of the survey and the choices. I would then set our Smart Board timer for 5 minutes to let the kiddos gather their data. I was worried that 5 minutes would be too long or too short but it seemed to work perfectly for us.
Here are a few pictures:
They crack me up with how professional they act with their clipboards in hand. Now that we have all of this data, we'll be able to create some pretty amazing graphs!

2 comments:

  1. awesome...thanks for the link :) I love having kids get up and get involved in their learning!
    The Teachers’ Cauldron

    ReplyDelete