First...I found a surprise package left for me by a teacher that retired a few years ago!
|I have 24 6x6 mini albums!|
Another "find" I found:
Yep...those are hard cover bound book covers (if I said that right). I know that I'll be using these to publish the kiddos writing or stories...but I'm still figuring out how to do it! Really excited though....there's a box of probably 50 different styles and colors.
I also found all of my magnetic letters and decided to color code my vowels! I decided to make all of my vowels red because some of our second grade teachers use a phonics program that color codes all of the vowels, consonants, digraphs, etc. called Touch Phonics. I used a red glitter spray paint for some of my e's to distinguish them as "Super Silent e" and I'll be spray painting my "Mystical Magical Y's" with a gold glitter spray paint. Here's a picture so far:
They are drying at my parent's house so when I get them finished I'll share details about the spray paint I used and other tips!
Since Border's is closing forever, :( I've been making a few visits to get some of their closeout prices. Here's my newest purchases! I really need to figure out how to embed one of those Shelfari widgets into my blog. :)
|Tilly is a goose who does some crazy things..."Tilly was a silly goose, a daffy-down-and-dilly goose, who took her baths in apple juice." Rhyming story-great for visual images too!|
|I'm really excited about this book! It begins with a perfect square that is transformed into lots of different things on each day of the week! I'll be working on some activities to go along with this book and will share them when they're created!|
|As you know, our school mascot is a pirate so I just had to have these! Pirates Go To School will be great for back to school and I'll use Pirate vs. Pirate during our district's Pride Week in January...if I can wait that long! :)|
Our art teacher, Mr. Beuglass and I got together on Monday morning to work on my tree branches...they are looking so awesome! Here's what we've done so far...
|We're using this flexible tubing found in the plumbing department.|
|It's 12 feet, when stretched out, of wonderful tubing that we cut in half. Each tube is giving us 2 branches. We cut one of the ends on an angle so that we would be able to screw it into our tree.|
|We then made a glue and water mixture, shredded newspaper in his shredder and started applying it to the tubes. We can only do one side at a time and it takes about 24 hours to dry enough so that we can flip it and do the other side.|
|Here's a close-up of the angled edge.|
|My sister and her girls came to help...thank goodness! It's a lot of shredding and mixing so it helps to have one or more people working on the tubes while another takes care of the shredder.|
|We just kind of glooped it all over the tubes.|
|Here's a close-up of how we're applying the shredded newspaper.|
My nieces came to help out too...well...sort of!
|My soon-to-be 4 year old niece found my box of Disney books!|
|My 2 year old niece loved going through all of my drawers and cubbies!|
Well...this is the update so far! I'm so glad my online class is finished so that I can focus on other things...classroom, professional training presentation in Pennsylvania, collecting internship hours, attending professional development trainings...'tis the season, I guess! :)