My First "Back to School" Purchases for My New First Graders!

About Me

My photo
Ohio
Welcome! I hope to use this blog to share some of the amazing things my class and school does to make learning fun! I have been teaching for 15 years already! I started teaching 3rd grade in a Parochial School, then I was hired to teach 1st grade for three years, was moved to 5th grade for 2 years, and then came back to 1st grade in the district where I attended school. I love that I'm able to give back the the school district that guided me to become the teacher I am today! I have a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, certified 1-8; a Master's Degree in Curriculum and Instruction; and my Administrator License Pre-K-12.

Blogs I Love!

Saturday, August 27, 2011

What a Week!

Oh my goodness!  This week was absolutely CRAZY!  District meeting, building meeting, open house...therefore, getting ready for open house, learning a new phone system, learning a new grade book system, organizing student supplies that were brought in at open house, finishing "The List" (the one I made on a previous post)...I couldn't even go out to lunch with the other teachers because I needed to get things done (which makes me feel horrible but I really needed to make use of every spare second)!  I woke up at 5AM today thinking about the hooks I forgot to label for their book bags!  And so started the next list!  :)

Needless to say, here I sit with my coffee and taking a little time to blog stalk.  I have absolutely loved going through all of the new ideas that fellow bloggers have shared.  Planning for the first week of school has been a lot of fun!  Can you believe that this thought actually crossed my mind: "I wish the first day was a little longer."  Yep...that's a huge sign that it's back to school time...and that I have tons of fun ideas to keep us busy this first week of school thanks to all of the freebies offered on blogs and the units I purchased from Teacher's Notebook and Teachers Pay Teachers.

I decided to start another blog more for my students.  You'll be able to view it here.  Once school starts on Monday you should be able to see some posts about what we're doing each day...it's more for my families but eventually I want the kiddos to be posting and commenting on their own...but that's going to take a few weeks for us to get there!

Our Open House was Thursday night and let me tell you what...I have some cuties...some very quiet cuties.  I'm so grateful for everyone that was able to attend.  I think the tree was a hit!  It's always an overwhelming night for not only my new firsties and their families (there's so much paperwork to complete) but also for me....so many new faces!  :)  I can't wait for our first day!  But I still have so much to do!  I have a family picnic today and I'm going to try my best to pause "school mode" and enjoy the day with family but then it's back to work!  There's a few things on my school list and then I have some things to work on for my principalship courses!  Oh!  And guess who's leading the children's choir at church with her sister...oh...yeah...that's me!  I'm pretty excited about this though...my sister and I have a lot of ideas to make it fun for the children of our church!

Have a great weekend!

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment