My First "Back to School" Purchases for My New First Graders!

About Me

My photo
Ohio
Welcome! I hope to use this blog to share some of the amazing things my class and school does to make learning fun! I have been teaching for 15 years already! I started teaching 3rd grade in a Parochial School, then I was hired to teach 1st grade for three years, was moved to 5th grade for 2 years, and then came back to 1st grade in the district where I attended school. I love that I'm able to give back the the school district that guided me to become the teacher I am today! I have a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, certified 1-8; a Master's Degree in Curriculum and Instruction; and my Administrator License Pre-K-12.

Blogs I Love!

Friday, May 4, 2012

Happy Friday!


Our first grade Continent Performance was this afternoon!  Finally, after weeks and weeks of planning, singing, organizing, and practicing, practicing, practicing...the kiddos did it!  :)  Minus an overly sensitive microphone that made our speaking parts super loud, they did an awesome job!  Here's a link to our local paper who was there to take some pictures (I was hoping for video...but there's still come cute shots of our firsties!)

Furry School Students Present Continent Program

So proud of them...and also relieved that it's one thing checked off our to-do list!  After the performance we let the parents take their children home with them if they wished, which was a great idea!  I came back to school with one kiddo who at the time was a bit upset, but we had a left over donut from "Mornings with Mom" (mom's get to come to school to have a donut and juice with their kiddo before the day starts), another class invited him to come over for Walking Tacos and then we took down Antarctica (on the wall), sorted all of those penguins and ended the day by playing on the iPad.  He was pretty chipper by the end of the day.

So once Antarctica was taken down, I remembered that we had created some art a few weeks ago after we read Olivia.  I had purchased a "Frame Pad" by Melissa and Doug and let the kiddos create!  I didn't give them a prompt or a theme...I just turned on some quiet music and let them go.  They really got into it and spent a lot of time on them.  They persuaded me to have an art contest, so I'm going to work one into our last 18 days of school...somehow!  :)



Just an FYI...The Electric Company has been my saving grace!  Not only is it totally educational and fun, but the kiddos are glued to it!  They have some episodes on their website that you can watch, but I went ahead and just paid for Volume 1 on iTunes so it's ready to go when needed.  Just thought I'd share since it seems like we're all in the same boat with children who are ready to be done for the year!  :)

Happy Weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment