My First "Back to School" Purchases for My New First Graders!

About Me

My photo
Ohio
Welcome! I hope to use this blog to share some of the amazing things my class and school does to make learning fun! I have been teaching for 15 years already! I started teaching 3rd grade in a Parochial School, then I was hired to teach 1st grade for three years, was moved to 5th grade for 2 years, and then came back to 1st grade in the district where I attended school. I love that I'm able to give back the the school district that guided me to become the teacher I am today! I have a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, certified 1-8; a Master's Degree in Curriculum and Instruction; and my Administrator License Pre-K-12.

Blogs I Love!

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Happy Summer!

Well, almost!  Our staff day is tomorrow...but I don't really count that day!

Sorry about being MIA this past week but you know how it is...the final days of school and all of the extra stuff we try to squeeze in to make it memorable, Memorial Day, a certain book/trilogy that has been consuming me the past week...I'm on the third book.  Oh. My. Goodness.  That's all I can say.  :)  Needless to say, my Google Reader is well into the hundreds...HUNDREDS!  I just know I've missed out on some blogger fun, but I've been buried in lots of other things that need to be done...and THOSE books.

So back to school...we've been super busy with our Legos,
 

Beach Day...aka Foamie Heaven,


Fun Day,


and some awards and a kickball tournament (which we lost...but we had fun so we don't care!)


Today was our last day together and it was a little sad, I have to admit!  This group came along at a time when I was really questioning whether or not I wanted to be in education any longer.  After last year I was contemplating my next career...which wasn't going to be in education at all.  This group reminded me why I became a teacher so many years ago and just made my job fun again.  (Thank God!)

So tomorrow is our last day...officially.  My room is almost bare and I have two corners to go through and then cover everything up.  Our floors are being stripped this summer so we have to have EVERYTHING boxed up and off of the floor before we leave for the summer.  Ugh!  I'm doing my best, but I have a lot of stuff...
Hope everyone is reaching the end of their year on a high note!

2 comments:

  1. Happy last day! Enjoy the start to your summer!!

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU for being an amazing first grade teacher for Leanne. She absolutely loved first grade and coming to school everyday. I wish she could keep you as a teacher. You are AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete