I decided to link up with the girls and their Summer Bucket List Linky Party! We have 13 student days left this year which I can't believe! Our staff day/last official day is Friday, June 1 so I feel like I have a whole extra month of summer this year! Like you, I'll be planning for next year all summer, but it will be on my schedule! :)
So here we go...
1. I will read some adult books...you know...the ones without pictures! :) The Help and The Hunger Games (I'm probably the only one in the whole world who hasn't read these or saw the movies yet.), 50 Shades of Grey,which is now a trilogy, Outliers, and Imagine have been sitting on my shelf and on my iPad for a few months now. I just can't read big people books during the school year unless I'm sitting on a beach for an extended amount of time!
2. I will update my resume...I can be a principal now if I want to!
3. I will start house hunting...a little more seriously. I'm kind of envious of everyone else making their house a home...it's kind of hard to do in an apartment that I can't paint, or update. Now that I've typed that, my heart is pounding a little harder...do I really want to mow a lawn? Shovel the drive before school? EEEK! I don't know about this one now....
4. I will work on school stuff on my own time. I need to get my head on straight about this whole departmentalization thing this next year. Very exciting...but lots to think about.
5. I will explore the idea of creating and selling some of my ideas on Teachers Pay Teachers.
6. I will not lose track of my teaching friends this summer just because we don't see each other at school everyday.
7. My sisters and I are trying to plan a little sisters only get-away...hopefully this happens this summer. Any ideas??
8. I will go through my closet and purge and then go shopping. (A little transformation has been occurring and it's time to let go of some baggage...)
I know that as soon as I post this I'll think of a few more things but I'm hoping to take time to just hang out with whomever whenever I want to too!