My First "Back to School" Purchases for My New First Graders!

About Me

My photo
Ohio
Welcome! I hope to use this blog to share some of the amazing things my class and school does to make learning fun! I have been teaching for 15 years already! I started teaching 3rd grade in a Parochial School, then I was hired to teach 1st grade for three years, was moved to 5th grade for 2 years, and then came back to 1st grade in the district where I attended school. I love that I'm able to give back the the school district that guided me to become the teacher I am today! I have a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, certified 1-8; a Master's Degree in Curriculum and Instruction; and my Administrator License Pre-K-12.

Blogs I Love!

Saturday, July 5, 2014

A New Blog!

Hello Friends!

Last year I created a website to use in my classroom but I don't think it was really used by my families.  My students used it when they were on our iPads to look at our pictures and access their favorite websites, but I wanted something more collaborative for this year.  This year I'm going to try using a blog to keep my families updated on everything that we're doing in our classroom.  I'm hoping to post on a daily basis and as the year progresses I'd also like to delegate some of the posts to my students.

I needed to find a blog designer so I was checking out all of your blog layouts and finally came across Christi Fultz @ Design by Christi.
She's also a third grade teacher and blogs about her classroom happenings @ Ms. Fultz's Corner.

Ms. Fultz's corner

If you're looking for a new blog design I highly recommend that you checkout Christi's amazing talents!  She was so easy to work with and each of her blog designs had a different look to them.

Our school mascot is a Pirate, so of course I needed my new blog to have a pirate feel to it and since our school colors are red, black and white, I wanted to include that too.  I think I've said it before, but I think it's so important for my children to have pride in our school and I think it's easy by incorporating our school colors and mascot into my classroom design and instruction each day.

After I contacted Christi about designing my new blog, she sent me a document filled with questions so that she could get an idea about what I was looking for.  I made a deposit into her PayPal account to secure the date she was going to begin her work.  A couple of days later she sent me some digital art to pick from and within a week, ta-da!!  I have a blog!




When I say, "She was so easy to work with," I totally mean it!  She sent me the first proof of my blog design and I was able to make any suggestions I wanted and she tweaked it to meet my needs immediately.

I'm so excited to share my new classroom blog with my families this year!  If you have a classroom blog that you use to share things with your families, we'd love to connect with you.  I don't want to post a lot on the new blog quite yet but I will once the school year nears and my new families are aware of it.

Hope everyone had a great 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment