My First "Back to School" Purchases for My New First Graders!

About Me

My photo
Ohio
Welcome! I hope to use this blog to share some of the amazing things my class and school does to make learning fun! I have been teaching for 15 years already! I started teaching 3rd grade in a Parochial School, then I was hired to teach 1st grade for three years, was moved to 5th grade for 2 years, and then came back to 1st grade in the district where I attended school. I love that I'm able to give back the the school district that guided me to become the teacher I am today! I have a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, certified 1-8; a Master's Degree in Curriculum and Instruction; and my Administrator License Pre-K-12.

Blogs I Love!

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Monthly Reading Challenges


Hi Friends!

I did some updates this morning on my Monthly Reading Challenges!  It was one of my very first products that I created for my Teachers Pay Teachers Shop and it needed a bit of a polishing.  

I use my Monthly Reading Challenges throughout the year as a fun way for my families to explore new books with their children.


At the beginning of each month I send home the monthly challenge and have it due by the last day of the month.  Anyone who completes the challenge gets a small reward like a certificate, a pencil, a treat or anything I might find that the children may like as a prize.  In the packet, you'll find a parent letter as well as tips on where your families can find the books they need to read for each challenge. 





Here's a peek at what each month's challenge looks like: 


I added a black and white version of each month's challenge for those of us who do not have color copiers.

These challenges are an easy way to have our families spend some quality time with their kiddos.  Now.  I do sometimes get the challenge returned to me the next day with all 10 books found and read.  I do raise my eyebrow...and think "How could that happen?"  But it's just not a battle I want to have...so I usually write a comment on the top like, "Wow!  That was quick!" and then move on.  :)

Summer is winding down so I hope you're sucking up every minute you have left!  School is right around the corner!  Actually...less than a month for me!

Take Care!

No comments:

Post a Comment