My First "Back to School" Purchases for My New First Graders!

About Me

My photo
Ohio
Welcome! I hope to use this blog to share some of the amazing things my class and school does to make learning fun! I have been teaching for 15 years already! I started teaching 3rd grade in a Parochial School, then I was hired to teach 1st grade for three years, was moved to 5th grade for 2 years, and then came back to 1st grade in the district where I attended school. I love that I'm able to give back the the school district that guided me to become the teacher I am today! I have a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, certified 1-8; a Master's Degree in Curriculum and Instruction; and my Administrator License Pre-K-12.

Blogs I Love!

Saturday, August 4, 2012

A Sneak Peek and Farley's Currently!

Happy Weekend Friends!
I think I have only 3 more summer weekends left...and each one is filled!

I ventured into Target today to pick up some writing journals...like 60 of them to use as our writing journals.  This is Claire sitting on them...my whole cart was full.  
 Thank you Target for not having a limit on how many I could purchase.  They were 50 cents each and sure, I could have put them on my supply lists for the parents to purchase, but how could I color coordinate all of them if I did that?!?  My journals are all red and black...our school colors!

Then I headed into the oven...aka my classroom.  It was a sauna!  Here's a sneak peek...but no more pictures until I'm "Open House Ready."

So...I'm missing 5 of my bins from Really Good Stuff.  They were in a stack on a very high shelf and now they've disappeared.  I sent out an SOS but haven't heard anything yet (it's still early so not everyone is back in their rooms yet).  A little bummed...just saying.


I always put my furniture and bins on the carpet and work around them...that way I'm not tripping on them while I'm trying to organize everything.

 Plenty of touches to add yet, but it's getting there!
It was miserably hot (I tried to imagine all of you in your air conditioned classrooms...LUCKY!)  So then I packed up everything and sorted it out at home...where it was cooler!

So overwhelming!  But at least we're all in the same boat, right??

Onto Farley's Currently for this month!

Those are so much fun!
Oh my gosh...look at #3 on my B2S Must Haves...therapy isn't one of my must haves.  That came across wrong!  See...my mom cuts my laminating for me because she likes it and she calls it therapy (I don't know why...cutting laminating is overwhelming for me.)  If I need help in my room, it's my family who pitches in...thankfully!

I sold one of my literature sets last week!  YEAH!  So I'll be adding a few more titles to my TPT Store soon!

Have a great weekend!

16 comments:

  1. I just bought composition books from Target too! They were such a great deal. If you have the Target debit card you also get an extra 5% off! I am going to cut my composition books in half, this way I am only spending 25 cents/student. Way to stretch every penny. I found you through the linky party and I am now your newest follower!

    Mrs.G's Kindergarten in Heels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle!
      Thanks for the journal tip! I'll have to remember that for next year!

      Delete
  2. I found your blog through the Linky & think your classroom is so cute. I love the Really Good Stuff bins - those look great! Hopefully you will find the missing 5 - I hate when that happens. I have already been to Target twice this weekend, but didn't grab any of those books. Looks like I might go back tomorrow! By the way, I'm your newest follower :) Stop by and visit sometime!

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Sandi!
      I like it too! I found it at Hobby Lobby in their party section!

      Delete
  4. Your classroom is coming along nicely!

    ✪ Miss W

    Miss W Teaches

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Slowly but surely...let the labeling begin! :)

      Delete
  5. is that a tree?? I need to see that!! it may go perfectly in my room :)
    so sory about the bins that grew legs - HATE when that happens :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love my tree! We change the leaves to match the seasons throughout the school year.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! That was a Hobby Lobby find!

      Delete
  7. Oh My Word! Your room looks darling. I love that tree!!! Did you make it? How? I think we all need a little therapy at this time . I know I go a little bananas this time of year. So, join the club!
    Eileen
    Second Grade Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eileen!
      Thank you! I'm in labeling mode right now and it's driving me bonkers! I did make my tree with the help of my family and a close friend. It should still be on here...maybe check my posts from last July and August?? I used two cement tubes from Home Depot and screwed them together and paper mache'd the whole thing. The branches are plastic tubing that stretches and bends...we shredded newspaper and glued it on the branches...then I spray painted it all! The leaves are made of felt. It was a lot of work but I love it!

      Delete
  8. Hi Jenn. Super cute blog :) I am switching my classroom to a pirate themed room this year! My last name is changing to Helm in April and it just seemed to be fitting! Check out my blog for my pirate ideas, I have posted some freebies, too!

    I will definitely be keeping my eye on you for ideas, too!


    Wishful Teaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah!
      The Helm...LOVE IT! :)
      I'm heading to your blog now!

      Delete