My First "Back to School" Purchases for My New First Graders!

About Me

My photo
Ohio
Welcome! I hope to use this blog to share some of the amazing things my class and school does to make learning fun! I have been teaching for 15 years already! I started teaching 3rd grade in a Parochial School, then I was hired to teach 1st grade for three years, was moved to 5th grade for 2 years, and then came back to 1st grade in the district where I attended school. I love that I'm able to give back the the school district that guided me to become the teacher I am today! I have a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, certified 1-8; a Master's Degree in Curriculum and Instruction; and my Administrator License Pre-K-12.

Blogs I Love!

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Just a quick question...

I'm heading to a wedding this weekend in Charlevoix, Michigan and my bag is filled with laminating to cut as well as a few other goodies to work on while I'm in the backseat for the trip...we're pretty much driving from the bottom to the top of Michigan today, I think...long drive!  (I haven't looked at a map since I'm not the one in charge of driving!)  :)

Anyway, I've been reading everyone's posts about what they create with their Cricut or Cameo machines and am super envious of all of the cuteness.  Now I need some advice...for someone who has neither...which one would be the best for me?  Is one better than the other?  I know I could probably do some research on my own but I want to hear from you!  What do you think?

I'll be on and off my computer this weekend but reading your suggestions during the drive today will help pass the time!

Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you asked....I had the same question. I'm thinking I just might have to purchase myself a sweet little Christmas gift this year :)

    Lisa
    Super Pig and Tyrant King

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Cricut, but I think the Cameo can do so much more. A friend of mine sent me this website to look at - it's this woman's thoughts on Cameo vs. Cricut - click here! I hope that helps!

    Sara
    Miss V's Busy Bees

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be completely honest... I know nothing about the Cameo, but I do have a Cricut and I LOVE it!! I get my cartridges from Michaels or Hobby Lobby but Michaels is the best because you can use a 40% off coupon plus get 15% off your whole purchase for being a teacher (they let you use both since 1 is for 1 item and the other is for whole purchase!!). I know that awhile ago they had a deal that if you bought a cricut machine, they gave you 10 free cartridges as well just for being a teacher so you may want to look into it!
    Taylor
    BakingCraftingTeaching Oh My!

    ReplyDelete