My First "Back to School" Purchases for My New First Graders!

About Me

My photo
Ohio
Welcome! I hope to use this blog to share some of the amazing things my class and school does to make learning fun! I have been teaching for 15 years already! I started teaching 3rd grade in a Parochial School, then I was hired to teach 1st grade for three years, was moved to 5th grade for 2 years, and then came back to 1st grade in the district where I attended school. I love that I'm able to give back the the school district that guided me to become the teacher I am today! I have a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, certified 1-8; a Master's Degree in Curriculum and Instruction; and my Administrator License Pre-K-12.

Blogs I Love!

Monday, August 6, 2012

Stop It! Seriously!!

Oh sweet, dear, clever, creative, fun friends...I am catching up on all of your posts from the weekend in the presence of my two adorable nieces.  I have to confess, I had to give them the iPads so that I could do a little stalking this morning.  You are all super talented and I've been adding some pretty cool stuff to my "To Do List" and my Teachers Pay Teachers cart. HOLY MOSES is about all I can say!  And I haven't even sorted through my boards on pinterest yet!

3 things need to happen...
1. School needs to start soon so that I stop spending all of this money on my classroom.
2. The credit cards must go into a deep freeze soon.
3. I need to consolidate my lists (Claire just added more to my list but she said, "It's not hard.")

Here's a few of my finds today...
That sweet Abby...you know the one...The Inspired Apple...well she's having a flash sale and added a few things to her Teachers Pay Teachers shop recently that will totally work with all of the reading and language arts that I'll be teaching this year!
Click here to visit her blog...she writes about her
Flash Sale after sharing the cool shelves she found!
Then...that Jen from The Teachers Cauldron posted a cute Movie Release Form that she sends home...just to cover herself on those kid movies that may not be rated G.  We have a policy about only showing G rated movies so I need to share this idea with my principal first but maybe it could work for us!
Click here to check out her Movie Release Form!
The Teacher Wife posted her Word Family Book today...ummm...yes, please!
Click here to see her post!
Lisa at Super Pig and Tyrant King shared some really cool writing ideas today that I must have!
Must Have Writing Activities!
And then that super cool Jennifer created an awesome Opinion Packet....cha! ching!  In the cart it goes!
So cool!
Oh my gosh...and to check out everyone's classroom is so much fun!  We should have a Tour of Classrooms just like those Tour of Homes thingies!  I get so many great ideas from peeking at all of your fabulous rooms!

Off to Soak City!
Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. Haha!! My cart stays full, too! Thanks for the shout out, girlie!! =)
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue SKies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! Your packet is going to so helpful this year!

      Delete
  2. I just bought Lindsey's word family book yesterday & it's great! I might as well hand my paycheck over to TPT lol. :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...right?!?! Oh well...'tis the season!
      :)

      Delete
  3. lol.. I know what you mean about spending money! I've been married for 4 years but my husband still somehow seems surprised at how much money I spend in the summer. I don't now why I think that I need 100 crayons but I somehow think that I do! :)

    I'm your newest follower! Feel free to stop on by! :)

    http://lasotaslittlelearners.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete