My First "Back to School" Purchases for My New First Graders!

About Me

My photo
Ohio
Welcome! I hope to use this blog to share some of the amazing things my class and school does to make learning fun! I have been teaching for 15 years already! I started teaching 3rd grade in a Parochial School, then I was hired to teach 1st grade for three years, was moved to 5th grade for 2 years, and then came back to 1st grade in the district where I attended school. I love that I'm able to give back the the school district that guided me to become the teacher I am today! I have a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, certified 1-8; a Master's Degree in Curriculum and Instruction; and my Administrator License Pre-K-12.

Blogs I Love!

Saturday, August 25, 2012

New Blog For My New Firsties!

Thanks for all of the kind comments on my classroom set-up!  I have loved looking at everyone else's classrooms here in blogland! It's like looking through magazines and picking out features for my dream house one day!  I love how we all try to make our classrooms look less like a classroom and more of a home away from home for ourselves and our kids.  I wish I could snap a few pictures of the classrooms at my school but it would be a huge post of pictures...we have some amazing classrooms in our school filled with some pretty clever ideas. There's a kindergarten class that has a camping theme this year and it's adorable!  Complete with a tent and campfire!  She's hung graham cracker boxes, marshmallow bags, and chocolate wrappers from her ceiling and her alphabet is actually made out of wood!  So stinkin' cute!  Several of the teachers in my building have a pirate flair in their classroom and it's so fun!  Our school mascot is a pirate and I think it's important for the kiddos to have pride in their school so I try to pull as much school pride into my classroom as I can...but when I see those other themes, I secretly wish I would change it up a bit....but then we're Pirates...so I stick with what I have!

On a serious note....especially to those teachers at my building who are secretly following me...you need to blog!  You're so amazing and I know my bloggy friends will think you're pretty cool too!

I used to post all of my classroom information on a webpage using iWeb but since Mobile Me moved to iCloud, I dropped my webpage and started a new blog called, "Shiver Me Firsties".  I'm hoping that my families will subscribe to it so that they find it helpful and informative.  Right now it's pretty basic and has information about the beginning of the year but head on over and check it out if you want.  I'm hoping to have the kiddos be guest bloggers eventually.


No button or signature yet but I have a close friend who was in the mood for a challenge so she's working on it!

I really should head into school today but we have a family reunion to go to...needless to say, I'm packing my book bag...just in case.

Oh...did I tell you that this whole past week I've been battling a major cold/sinus thing/coughing sickness?  Yeah.  I sounded like a frog at my open house.  I think I'm definitely on the mend but geesh! It through me for a loop...I was miserable with so much to do!

Oh...and just one more thing...my Principal's License arrived this past week!  It's 100% totally official!  I can be a Principal if I want to!  I'm certified PK-6 and 5-12!  Keep your ears open!

Just kidding...


Kind of! :)
Who knows what my future holds!

Have a great Saturday!

3 comments:

  1. A great idea for communicating with parents.

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the blog and the certificate. You will be amazing

    Terri
    thefirstgradeprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete