My First "Back to School" Purchases for My New First Graders!

About Me

My photo
Ohio
Welcome! I hope to use this blog to share some of the amazing things my class and school does to make learning fun! I have been teaching for 15 years already! I started teaching 3rd grade in a Parochial School, then I was hired to teach 1st grade for three years, was moved to 5th grade for 2 years, and then came back to 1st grade in the district where I attended school. I love that I'm able to give back the the school district that guided me to become the teacher I am today! I have a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, certified 1-8; a Master's Degree in Curriculum and Instruction; and my Administrator License Pre-K-12.

Blogs I Love!

Monday, July 18, 2011

Cut Me Off!

Okay...so I was again in Target and would you believe that they had even more stuff in their dollar bins?  I just can't help myself...check out my new goodies!

Our school mascot is a pirate...in case you haven't guessed so I had to pick up these cute bags!  Now that
I have them at home, I'm thinking of all of the possibilities and want to find about 20 more!  Time to put my family on the hunt for them @ all area Target stores as I already tried to find them online and didn't have any luck!

And then I found these fun sandwich holders but I'm going to use them at my learning stations to store pieces and parts.

Heart beads for sorting and patterning in February!

These foam blocks got me pretty excited!  One of the bloggers I follow used these to write sight words on them and put them in a large (empty) water jug with those styrofoam noodles you can find in craft stores.  The teacher used them in one of her centers and the kiddos had to find the words and then use them to write a sentence.  I'm not sure how I want to use them yet but I'm sure I'll find an idea I'll fall in love with!

Target also had card sorts in their dollar bins!  So many uses for these!  :)



And look who I found on a clearance shelf!  He was $4.98 and I just couldn't leave him sitting there all alone!  I've used the Corduroy books in the past for teaching friendship so he'll be perfect sitting on a shelf in my classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment