My First "Back to School" Purchases for My New First Graders!

About Me

My photo
Ohio
Welcome! I hope to use this blog to share some of the amazing things my class and school does to make learning fun! I have been teaching for 15 years already! I started teaching 3rd grade in a Parochial School, then I was hired to teach 1st grade for three years, was moved to 5th grade for 2 years, and then came back to 1st grade in the district where I attended school. I love that I'm able to give back the the school district that guided me to become the teacher I am today! I have a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, certified 1-8; a Master's Degree in Curriculum and Instruction; and my Administrator License Pre-K-12.

Blogs I Love!

Monday, July 11, 2011

More Loot!

So my last visit to Target was rewarding but I knew there just had to be more!  I took another trip to Target after Sunday breakfast in hopes of finding more of their $1 deals.  As I was circling the area, an employee appeared with boxes to stock and as I approached her, she was radioed to help in a different area-DARN!  But...what to my wandering eyes should appear...but boxes full of those wonderful back to school deals!  So my retail days are a distant memory, but I could guess that they'd be stocked by Monday afternoon at the latest.  I totally felt like a $1 bin stalker (if there is such a thing) but my visit tonight was beneficial!  YIPPEE!  Check out my new goodies:
Tons of Incentives!
 Birthday Certificates and Stickers, Bookmarks, Great Reader Awards, and Giant Stickers!

My first graders are always asking what time we have lunch, recess and specials so I picked up these foam clocks to use in my area where I post our daily schedule.

Alphabet and Number Matching Puzzles for beginning of the year work stations!

Our district's mascot is a Pirate so I just couldn't pass these goodies up!  I think I'll use the Pirate Ship baggies for a "Welcome to First Grade" goody bag.  The cups are pretty awesome too!  I'm not sure exactly where I'll be using them, but I just couldn't leave them on the shelf...they were a dollar for goodness sake!  :)

Arrgh! Matey!  'Tis the time for back to school goodies!

No comments:

Post a Comment