My First "Back to School" Purchases for My New First Graders!

About Me

My photo
Ohio
Welcome! I hope to use this blog to share some of the amazing things my class and school does to make learning fun! I have been teaching for 15 years already! I started teaching 3rd grade in a Parochial School, then I was hired to teach 1st grade for three years, was moved to 5th grade for 2 years, and then came back to 1st grade in the district where I attended school. I love that I'm able to give back the the school district that guided me to become the teacher I am today! I have a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, certified 1-8; a Master's Degree in Curriculum and Instruction; and my Administrator License Pre-K-12.

Blogs I Love!

Monday, February 6, 2012

Melody Monday

Happy Monday!

Today I want to share one of our other favorite hits we listen to in our classroom. If you're at all familiar with Disney, you undoubtably know The Imagination Movers! Here are a few of their albums...
"Juice Box Heroes" was their first album I stumbled across while listening to XM on our way to Florida a few years ago. "Seven Days a Week" came on and I was like who are these guys!?! I purchased their album immediately and use several songs from this album in my classroom. "Shakable You" is a great one when we're in need of a little shake-up!

So as any music stalker/addict does, I then searched for their other albums and came across an older album, "Good Ideas". We use their "Brainstorming" and "Good Ideas" tracks when we're brainstorming ideas for a project or a story. It's just fun!

When I was organizing this post I came across "The Big Warehouse" album. Oh my goodness! It's a new album for me! "The Sensible Life of a Pirate" is making me super curious! I'm off to iTunes to pick it up today! :)

Hope everyone has a great start to their week!
Jenn

1 comment: