My First "Back to School" Purchases for My New First Graders!

About Me

My photo
Ohio
Welcome! I hope to use this blog to share some of the amazing things my class and school does to make learning fun! I have been teaching for 15 years already! I started teaching 3rd grade in a Parochial School, then I was hired to teach 1st grade for three years, was moved to 5th grade for 2 years, and then came back to 1st grade in the district where I attended school. I love that I'm able to give back the the school district that guided me to become the teacher I am today! I have a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, certified 1-8; a Master's Degree in Curriculum and Instruction; and my Administrator License Pre-K-12.

Blogs I Love!

Thursday, February 16, 2012

"A Moment" and Tech Thursday


So my hopes for a calm day yesterday didn't really happen.

My kiddos are just a "little off" this week...maybe the past two weeks. We had to have a little heart to heart yesterday afternoon where I told them that they have two jobs right now...listen and do. That's it! Listen and do. I think I'm going to make a t-shirt that has "Your Job: Listen and Do" on the front and "My Job" on the back and I can list everything I need to do, have to do and should do. I'm still feeling overwhelmed with everything I need to be doing with my cuties (yep...they're still cute...we just drive each other crazy sometimes). At the end of "my moment" yesterday, I said, "I think we all need a little vacation." And one brave soul blurts out, "No kidding!" I had to duck down like I was looking for a book on my bookshelf because I was cracking up! I mean, in the midst of my rant, he still has the confidence and feels comfortable enough in my room and with me to "talk back". But he's right too...we do need a vacation! We've been going full throttle since January 2...no snowdays, no delays...well we had a 3 day weekend in January but first grade is hard this time of year! Thank God for a 4 day weekend! I don't want to brag, but today is our Friday! YIPPEE! No PD tomorrow...and I'm pretty sure I have all of my ducks in a row so that I don't have to go into my classroom this weekend. I'll be working on things from home...in my comfies with my coffee made from my amazing Keurig! :)

Oh! Today is Tech Thursday! Here's a safe site for kiddos that has tons of videos on just about everything. Think of it as You Tube for kids. I've used it several times and so far so good! :)
I'm hoping to use this site next week when we have the mobile lab in our room. The plan is to have the kiddos choose a video and then create a graphic organizer using Pixie that will tell me the main idea and supporting details of the video they chose to watch.

Well, I'm off to finish my week...but wait! Are you following Traci @ Dragonflies in First?
She made the cutest George Washington bulletin board using her kiddos faces with George Washington's hair and hat! With a cute writing prompt to go with it...talk about ADORABLE! I'm going to be squeezing her project in next week! Maybe that's why I'm feeling overwhelmed...I'm finding all of these amazing teachers who share the coolest stuff...and instead of filing their ideas away for next year, I make myself do them this year! Oh well! I can't help myself! I'm so grateful to be in a profession with new blogger friends who share so much! Hoping to share some things I've been thinking about this weekend!

Have a super Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment