My First "Back to School" Purchases for My New First Graders!

About Me

My photo
Ohio
Welcome! I hope to use this blog to share some of the amazing things my class and school does to make learning fun! I have been teaching for 15 years already! I started teaching 3rd grade in a Parochial School, then I was hired to teach 1st grade for three years, was moved to 5th grade for 2 years, and then came back to 1st grade in the district where I attended school. I love that I'm able to give back the the school district that guided me to become the teacher I am today! I have a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, certified 1-8; a Master's Degree in Curriculum and Instruction; and my Administrator License Pre-K-12.

Blogs I Love!

Friday, February 24, 2012

What a Week!


Well, this week flew by!
We've been very busy!
A little Mardi Gras fun...
The beginning of our unit on American symbols and Presidents that I should have started two weeks ago...geesh!
We designed these shopping bags to hold all of our American themed projects. This way everything can be sent home in the bag at the same time in a few weeks. (Counting and placing the red stripes on our white bag was a bit of an issue...as you can see.)
Some Pinterest inspired Presidents...

We had a curriculum meeting this afternoon so I left what I thought would be a cute Mount Rushmore project that the kiddos could create using their own head...yeah...not the best idea I have ever had...but I learned my lesson. We'll be remaking Mount Rushmore on Monday!

Off to a friend's surprise birthday party tonight but wanted to quickly post what we've been up to! Spending the day in my classroom tomorrow...I'm so in the weeds (waitress talk for HELP!!!!!)! Tomorrow needs to be VERY productive! :)
Hope everyone had a great week!

1 comment: